Skip to main content

The Fun that is Provera

For those who have never taken Provera which is also progesterone, let me fill you in on the fun that you have been missing. For starters, I'm taking it to bring on that special time of the month since my body is incapable of even doing that. I always counted that as a blessing, but apparently it's actually a problem. :) So, anyways, I take one pill a day for 7 days. I'm currently on Day 4 and I'm losing my mind. This is the 4th go-round for me on what I call the "crazy pill", so I know what to expect. It doesn't make it any easier to deal with really. What happens is I get incredibly hungry- I mean the kind of hungry where you are trying to decide how moldy is too moldy to eat or if expiration dates really matter. I can't concentrate at work because I feel like I'm starving to death. If that isn't enough, I also get terrible hot flashes. Menopause has nothing on this. My body actually feels like it is on fire from the inside out. It keeps me up all night because I wake up in pools of sweat. Sadly, I have to keep a thermometer on my nightstand along with my ridiculous charts, so I actually took my temperature in the middle of the night last night because I could have sworn it was about 105 degrees (it wasn't). And then the worst mood swings in the world start... This is Aaron's favorite part so I should probably let him tell about it. I go from happy-go-lucky like usual to absolute sorrow and sadness. Sometimes it changes into anger then back again. Lots of fun for about 24-48 hours. You never know exactly what is going to happen! So, enough whining really- just needed to vent some of my frustration! So just 3 more days of fun for me and then I can call my doctor to see when he wants to do my surgery. So much to look forward to!!! Ha,ha...

Comments

  1. I'm thinking of you and am sorry that you're having to suffer through these rough times. I know how much you like sleep so I'm sure that's really frustrating! :) Praying that this will all work out - hope that we see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted you guys to know how sorry I am that you are going through all of this. I can't think of a crummier thing to happen to two of the best people I know. It sucks and I'm sorry. I also want you know that we will do the only two things that we can to help - pray and be there for you in any way that we can. If you ever need anything, anytime, anywhere all you have to do is ask. We love you guys. And you will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the progesterone! Nasty stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...