Skip to main content

Another Door Opens

It's been a crazy week for us. Work has been super busy which I always expect when I get back from vacation. But my patients were extra "special" this week which makes for an even longer week than usual. I sat in patient rooms watching the clock tick off seconds...

Also, Aaron found out this week that he has a varicocele which is a common cause of male infertility. Bad news is that it adversely affects his counts. Good news is that it is fixable. Bad news is that surgery is the best option.

It kinda changes everything for us from here as far as I'm concerned. If we can get those counts up, our chances increase a ton. I'll be calling Dr. Haas to make a consult appointment so we can discuss our latest discovery. Not sure what he'll suggest we do, but I trust him to guide us in the right direction.

Great news about Baby Kate: she was extubated this morning (removed the breathing tube) and she is doing well. They will be keeping her in the hospital until her 2nd heart surgery which is done between 4-6 months old. So, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers since my cousin is super tired of living away from home with her other baby.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby, but I'm glad it is fixable. We thought G had that last week, did your hubby have an ultrasound? Hang in there sweetie, at least you are getting on the right track and moving things along. It is better to know something is wrong and to fix it then not to know. We learned G had an infection a few days ago and it made me so sad to know all my clomid cycles were wasted on his "bad" sperm, lol.

    YAY for baby Kate! What wonderful news, so glad she is going home!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...