Skip to main content

Happy Halloween!!!

My favorite holiday of the whole year is Halloween. I love the costumes, decorating, parties, scary movies, candy, trick-or-treating, etc. There are no gifts involved and I don't have to see all of our crazy family members. Last year, I did have a minor melt-down while handing out candy because it hit me that I may never have a child to take door to door. Let's hope I do better this year. Sobbing scares away little children. :)

We usually have a big Halloween party to celebrate with friends, but due to the month we've had, I chose not to. Now I'm sad about it! I thought I'd include some of our past Halloween pictures.




Fred and Wilma Flinstone (we wore these to a freezing cold outdoor party) We were able to survive due to Colby's special party drink he made!






Whoopie Cushion and a Paper Doll (mine was made of cardboard)







Pinocchio and a Chia Pet (my costume weighed a ton!) I'm still surprised

that Aaron agreed to this one.





Loofah and a Bathtub (we won 1st place with this one during vet school)


And lastly, I want to share a picture of a gift Aaron bought me for Halloween. He thought it fit me perfectly. A little background for those that don't know me, I was an only child and an only grandchild on my mom's side. I was raised with lots of praise and encouragement. They tought me that if someone makes fun of you or is mean to you, it's because they're jealous. Let me tell you- that theory got me through school. I was always the shortest kid in class and we were pretty poor so I never had the coolest clothes, hair, etc. So in my defense, I think they did a great job parenting me!


Stay tuned- tomorrow I will post pictures of our furry babies in their Halloween costumes. Go ahead, make fun of us. We dress up our pets for Halloween. Further proof that we are well overdue for a baby!

Comments

  1. I am with you, sister! I dress Charlie for Halloween, and everyone makes fun, but I love it! I love your Fred and Wilma...we went as them a few years back, and it was a hit! Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costumes. Your hubby is a great sport about it! Can't wait to see what your furbabies are dressed as for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loofa and Bathtub is still my favorite Halloween costume of all time! We miss spending Halloween with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great costumes! Love the loofa and bathtub!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...