Skip to main content

Maternity Bras, Exercise and Other Such Fun

I broke down today and shopped for some maternity clothes. I have 3 very thoughtful friends who lent me lots of excellent maternity clothes which I love. There were just a couple of other items I needed to complete the wardrobe- mainly winter clothes. Aaron and I have vowed to not buy anything baby related until much farther in, so I felt like this was jinxing us. But when nothing fit for work this morning, I knew it was time. I can't exactly let my belly hang out of my shirts. And my pants are struggling to stay buttoned and zipped.

So, off I went. I find it hilarious that pregnant women no longer have actual pant sizes, you are now just classified as S/M/L/XL. Things were going well until I stumbled across the maternity bras. WTF???? What in God's green earth is that section about? I became overwhelmed, hyperventilated, got dizzy and quickly found my way out of there.

I did come out of the experience with a great pair of black pants and a cute new shirt.

Tonight, I went back to the gym. I finally feel like I can scrap myself off the couch long enough to go. And I really enjoyed it. I walked on the treadmill and then went to a toning class that I used to go to. Everyone was super excited to see me and told me how cute I looked. So, I left feeling like a million bucks.

I'll end with a funny story. We told my in-laws this past weekend that we're pregnant. It was my mother-in-law's b-day and we were at a restaurant. Of course, she was thrilled (first grandbaby on both our sides) and when she got up to go to the restroom, she decided to tell someone about it.

Unfortunately, she chooses the lady at the table next to ours who is holding a baby. She turns to her and says, "oh, you're a grandma too. I just found out I'm going to be a grandma!"

The women replies, "actually, I'm the mother."

Not a good mistake to make. Lesson learned.

Comments

  1. I had such a hard time finding maternity clothes that fit! Try Target... they have "real" sizes and their clothes are better quality than some of the maternity stores. Plus, they aren't too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to find anything that fits until your 8 months pregnant and you have the huge bump to fill it all in.

    I was like you, I wouldn't buy anything baby at all until we were past a certain point. Our point was the first tri-mester and once we passed that point I started to buy like crazy.
    Enjoy these moments. They pass too quick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...