Skip to main content

Gil is here!!!

We had our perfect baby GIRL on Saturday after a relatively easy 8 hour labor and delivery. I'll update more later, but Paisley doesn't really understand why it was a bad idea to have a baby party the last 2 nights instead of sleep. So I'll take a nap and then give all the details and pictures.

We love her so much!!!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your baby girl! Can't wait to see pictures and hear the birth story! Now the fun really begins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy for u... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now the fun begins! Best of luck to you both as parenthood is a trip! ICLW #43

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So exciting!! I knew it was a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGGGGG! Congratulations!!! I have goosebumps! Enjoy your baby girl!! YAYY :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYAYAYYYYAYAYA !!! CONGRATS!! You are the only blog I follow that actually waited for a gender suprise!! A GIRL !! how delightful! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the arrival of your little princess!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! And LOVE the name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what wonderful news!

    congratulations Amber. Hope you're both doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Amber!!! So happy to hear that your little girl is here and can't wait to see pictures and read your birth story!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...