Skip to main content

Busy week

We have had such a fun week.  It makes me never want to go back to work!  On Tuesday, we went with my friend Mendy and her 1-year-old twin girls to the zoo.  It was a beautiful day and all 3 girls did wonderfully!  Then yesterday, I met two of my PA girls for lunch who are both on maternity leave.  One has a 2-week-old and the other has a 4-week-old.  It's going to be amazing to have so many friends for Paisley to play with.  And it's great to talk to other new moms and realize that you're not losing your mind!

As for our bottle battle, she's still refusing to play nice.  My mom has been trying this week (thought a woman's touch might help), but Paisley doesn't care.  We've tried 5 different bottle types with various nipples, all with breastmilk.  We've tried different times of the day.  And I'm always either on the complete opposite side of the house or outside altogether.   But she hates it.  She will only take about an ounce, leaking half of it onto her bib and then she throws a fit until I breastfeed her.  Good news is I have an excellent breastfeeder!

Also, she's still in our bed.  And still won't take naps anywhere but in our arms or in her carseat.  You lay her down, she wakes up.  Everytime.  What in the world am I missing here?  Pretty sure I've never been around a baby who needs human touch so much.  And it's really sweet that she's so bonded to us, but you know how hard it is to get things done?  Luckily, she will sit in her bouncer for about 15 minutes so I can get ready.
But she is a wonderful cuddler!

One of my best friends is going through IVF right now and had 13 eggs retrieved yesterday.  She's had a long journey, deserves a good ending, and would be an excellent mom.  Please send lots of prayers and well-wishes her way.  Her blog is This is the Journey God chose.  I'm sure she can use some positive thinking and encouragement over the next few days!  I've known Kandice for many years, but we were never very close.  Infertility has brought us much closer together, and I'm so thankful to have her in my life.  She was one of my greatest supporters during my miscarriage and then stayed by my side for my pregnancy, even though I know how tough that had to be.   So, let's hope and pray for a BFP in the near future for her!

Comments

  1. Our daughter had to be held all the time too. Finally we rigged this swaddle sandwiched looking thing on the sofa that simulated us holding her and it was warm and comfy enough to fool her. Sounds kinda weird, lol. I could send you a pick of it if you want.

    -K

    mypottyseat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot to work out after meeting your baby! I understand it can take a while to get a baby to both breast feed and bottle feed. Hope she cooperates soon so you can have a break now and then!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...