Skip to main content

Back to Square One?

I can't even believe I'm typing this and I'm certainly not ready to say it out loud.  Today, something clicked broke down in my crazy little mind and I forced myself upstairs today at lunch to see my OB/GYN.  If you'll remember, I work in the same building as them when I'm a PA (as opposed to office manager) two days a week.   They are wonderful people who have supported me through all of my journey to get Paisley.  My OB showed up WAY before I delivered and just hung out in the room with us, checking me every two seconds to make sure Paisley didn't deliver herself.  And his nurse practitioner who I consider a good friend spent her Saturday at the hospital so she'd get to welcome my baby into the world.

I digress...  Anyway, I talked to my NP about my 40+ day cycles that my body has once again embraced, and the obvious lack of a pregnancy thus far despite the complete absence of birth control.   She feels like 4 months after weaning, things should be getting more "normal". Whatever that means..  But here we are.  Day 38.  And no period.  

She thinks I should consult with Dr. Haas (my hero) and see what he thinks.  Not what I expected.  I thought she'd do some bloodwork.  Maybe an ultrasound.  But she feels like we've done everything with them before and it didn't get us anywhere.  He did my ovarian drilling and would know better what to think about things now.

And then something shocking happened. I agreed.  She's putting in a referral and I agreed.  I'm admitting that I'm not just fine, I've noticed that I have only been pregnant twice (once successfully) in over 3 years time off birth control.   Maybe I do need a consult.

But that sure does suck.  Because if I have hundreds of ovarian cysts again and my hormone levels are crazy out of whack and my follicles are weak and useless like they were and my uterine lining is once again "hostile", this door may close.  And it's just nice to know that maybe, just maybe, it's still possible for me to be pregnant once more...

Comments

  1. Do you live in Texas? I also saw a Dr. Haas for help getting pregnant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...