Skip to main content

Chatty Cathy

Paisley has found her voice and she is using it to her fullest potential these days.  It seems like over the past month, her vocabulary is blossoming.  She already was ahead of the curve at her 12 month appointment by knowing more words than our pediatrician expected.

But now she seems to be learning at least one new word every day.  And she'll repeat everything like a little adorable parrot.  Except not so cute when the word she chooses is "crap" out of a paragraph with 50 words...

Today her word is "happy".  And it is sweet.  I'll ask, "are you happy?" and she'll say "happy, happy, happy".  She says it cuter than anything I've ever heard other than "mama".  And I like to think that it's because she actually is happy...

Also this week, we were getting ready to leave for the clinic and I said "let's go bye-bye".  She turns and starts marching towards the front door saying "hut-two, hut-two".  Not even quite sure where she got that since we don't exactly practice military like behavior in our house, but I loved it anyways.

Crazy how many times a day she makes me laugh now with what she says and the things she does.  Looking forward to seeing what next month has in store for us!

Comments

  1. Sooooo cute!!!! Happy is a great word to learn!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds adorable! She needs to come over here and school Jax...he is way behind in the language department. If he hits 18 months with the little bit of language he has (he doesn't even call me mama and Jason dada yet!) then we have to call early intervention:(. Oh well, he's a happy little guy and gets his point across pretty well! Still, I think Paisley could teach him a thing or two, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww she definitely does sound happy! Must be amazing to hear her speak all these new words :) Especially, "crap." haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...