Skip to main content

Still here and pregnant!

I cannot believe we'll be meeting our baby tomorrow!!! I actually would have bet money that it would have already happened considering the contractions I've been having for about 3 days! But apparently they are just for fun. I keep trying to tell my body that we don't need practice contractions since it isn't going down like that...

Today I see my OB for a last check up and then go to the hospital for bloodwork and to pre- admit!!! Crazy to think that in a little over 24 hours, we'll have a newborn and Paisley will be a big sister!!!!!

Comments

  1. I am so stinking excited. I currently have a wonderful summer cold so I will not get to meet this precious new bundle for a little bit. But I need pics and gender reveal ASAP. I mean you won't be busy doing anything else, so........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being only a day away from meeting your newest bundle of joy! I can't wait to hear/read what you had and how Paisley has acclimated to being a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies and now it's here! Best of luck tomorrow! My money is on a boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! So funny I signed onto blogger and you popped into my head because I remembered that tomorrow was the big day! But I didnt see this post, so I had to track down your blog because I was gonna leave you some well wishes! I must really like ya :) I am SOOOOOO excited for you all! And you know I've been dying for 9 mths to know if its a baby girl or boy! It seems like just yesterday you were posting about Paisley being born :) Good luck! And welcome to the C-section club. Where once a member, always a member (if you want that is! But I think I'll be saying "No thank you" to a vbac someday) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaa! Tomorrow is the day! Be sure to update the blog ASAP(you won't be busy or anything, right? ha!)- can't wait to hear if Paisley has a little brother or sister!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...