Skip to main content

Off to Mexico!!!

We are leaving for Tulum, Mexico (near Riviera Maya) tomorrow morning at 6:30 a.m. Of course, we're super excited about some time away! I wish I could leave all of this infertility nonsense behind, but I still have to take my temp every morning so the chart is tagging along too. As well as my meds. But it could always be worse.

We're not sure what we'll be doing when we're there yet, we aren't plan-ahead kind of people. I definitely want to check out Xel-Ha and maybe some cenotes, but otherwise I'm pretty content just lying on the beach or swimming. Oh, and eating ridiculous amounts of food! I may show before and after swimsuit pictures. It's something like Jenny Craig in reverse.

My next doc's appointment (aka: "stirrup day") will be 6/15 which is the day after we get back. And my first day back at work, which is awesome because that means I'll get to wake up even earlier for my first day to make it by 7:30 to see the doc. But I'll be anxious to see how the ol' ovaries are doing. I hope everyone has a great week and I'll post pictures and stuff when we get home. (Of vacation, not my ovaries)

Off to catch some sun, relaxation, and swine flu- Amber

Comments

  1. Have a great time sweetie! Relax, have fun and eat lots of food (love the Jenny Craig comment, lol)! And please leave the swine flu in Mexico! :)

    I battle with this too...going on vacation but taking infertility with me. One thing I do try and do on vacation is I actually try to enjoy being kid free. I pretend that this is the last trip that I am going on kid free and that I need to enjoy it because next time it won't be so easy and care free...unfortunately I have gone on 3 of these trips-maybe 4, lol, but I do it! I live it up and pretend for a few days or however long the trip is that next time I will have a baby with me!

    Take lots of pics and if you can get in there, take a few of the ovaries too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip and try to relax and do a little for me too. LOL. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You commented so you must be back! Did you have a great time? I hope you did and I hope you had a relaxing time too! I can't wait to hear about your trip! :)

    Good luck at your doctor's appointment tomorrow!

    I'm going to comment about your comment here because I don't know if you will see it if I write back on my blog, lol. I'm trying to not get too down but sometimes I feel like a lab rat! I feel like I keep taking different kinds of meds in hopes to find the right one! I lost 5 pounds on metformin, so I think it may be working because my doctor also wanted me to take it because he hopes it will help with IF and my weight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...