Skip to main content

Our little lab creation...

I was driving home the other day and it occurred to me that we'll possibly be doing IVF in about 3-5 months depending on the outcome of this surgery and the 0.0001% chance that I'll just get pregnant on my own in the next few months. (Rolling your eyes and laughing would be appropriate responses.)

And I realized that although I'm dealing with the concept of IVF somewhat better, I apparently have a bit of a sentimental feeling towards our potential embryos.

Didn't see that coming...

Reason I know that I'm "attached" to the hypothetical embryos is that I was thinking I would want to see them under microscope before they inserted them. They would be little Amber/Aaron cells. And I guess that means I would already consider them a baby. Uh-oh.

Which I had not considered when they were someone else's embryos. Then they're just cells dividing. Now, don't get all worried that I'm going to implant ALL of them just to see what happens. I'm not losing my mind.

Let's just say my hormones are out-of-whack. I'll pull myself together...

Comments

  1. I think from the beginning to the end of this IF journey, whether there's a baby at the end or not, it's all one huge long hormone rollercoaster ride. I wasn't this hormonal when I was going through puberty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across you blog and wanted to let you know that it tugged at my heart. Praying for you, hoping things will work in your favor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE, I think the same way! IVF is so scary and yet so precious! I don't think I would be able do discard any embies...I may be the next octomom, lol!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...