Skip to main content

Rubber Gloves, Anyone?

The other day while me and Aaron were waiting for my doc to come in to talk with us, we had a moment to survey the room and apparently way too much time to think.

I've always noticed that they always have an ample supply of tampons and pads in the restroom and exam rooms for patients to use if needed. Which I totally wouldn't need if I could just get pregnant already. So we made a comment about how we could try to make our money back by "borrowing" all of the free stuff at the clinic.

Not quite sure how much we can re-sell these items for, but we're going to start stocking up on tampons, pads, rubber gloves, K-Y Jelly, condoms (used on the ultrasound probe), etc.

Brilliant plan. We're going to raise the money we need for IVF in no time if we keep up the smart thinking. Stealing our way to a baby. That's got to bring good luck! (For my sarcasm naive friends, I'm totally kidding. Unfortunately, there isn't a font to show wittiness.)

Comments

  1. You are too funny.. but that stuff is worth alot on the black market.. LOL.. Good way to keep your spirits up.. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie and I are now searching for the font that shows wittiness and so far our search has lead us to one that certainly does NOT show wittiness...ironically, Comic Sans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I speak sarcasm fluently. It's like a second language to me. What brand of condoms you fencing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lolol I don't think those condoms will actually fit anyone ...

    When my SIL was in labor, my DH and I made it to the labor room just in time to see ... my brother with a glove on his head, which he had blown up with his nose. Of course it popped, leaving him partially deaf for the birth of his son. Moral of the story: never leave men alone with medical supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are you kidding? It sounds like a brilliant idea to me! :)

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be awesome. Next time I'll bring a bigger purse to stock up on supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...