Skip to main content

I have such a way with words

So, I learned an important lesson this week. Apparently, if someone is having surgery and you have taken off work to be there with them, you do not refer to it as the "long weekend". The above named person might not agree with that title, and may even feel a little offended.

I guess I should be more sensitive. It's just that I had surgery 4 months ago and have already replaced the actual events with a much more pleasant memory of how things went.

On a totally unrelated note, I met the neatest people today. Both were patients of mine in the clinic. The first was a beautiful 18-yr-old girl who recently won a local beauty pageant and will be competing for Miss Oklahoma in June. She also got added to the Guinness Book of World Records lately for doing the most turns wearing tap shoes. (Previous record was 16, her record was 36.)

The second was a 50-ish- year-old lady who was a contestant on the Price is Right several years ago before Bob Barker left. She not only got chosen as a contestant, but she won the whole showcase showdown. The only prizes she has left are two violins. She sold the car she won. Lucky lady got to live out my dream!!! And she has 4 kids... Some people have all the luck.

Comments

  1. Those patients are so funny! What a great set of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must meet so many interesting people! I LOVE the old Price is Right with BB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have moments where what we said could hurt someones feelings but we don't mean to!

    You meet some neat people, what do you do? I never caught that.

    Thanks for your sweet comment about the crib bedding. I felt so weird buying it but I REALLY wanted it, I love you ladies, I don't feel so dumb anymore! :)

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're super sensitive compared to me! That should make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...