Skip to main content

Bad, bad blogger

First off, I owe you kind readers a sincere apology for being a terrible blogger lately. What with the holidays, "Ice Storm 2009", and the general lack of info concerning my infertility, I haven't had much to say right now. Which is really quite amazing for me and I can't tell you how thankful my husband is for the peace and quiet.

So, let's catch up, shall we?

First of all, nothing new on the infertility front as of now. I'm cycling perfectly and it's now been 3 months since my D&C. Some docs recommend waiting this long to try again, but sometimes nature decides that for you! We'll probably do another month on our own before we go back to our specialist to see what we might want to do next. I kinda feel like it's the same ol' story all the time right now, so I try not to bore you with unnecessary details.

Next, work has been crazy busy. The first of the year... everyone gets new insurance so they come to establish care, get med refills, get new referrals, drive me crazy, etc. So it's just pretty hectic from January until March. And really until December it seems like... In a future post, I'm going to mention the things that patients do to drive me bonkers. I was making a mental list of these the other day while in with one particular patient.

Lastly, I keep forgetting to zip my dress pants while at work. I use the restroom, button my pants, flush the toilet, and move on my way. But guess what, when a person sits on a stool in a patient room, your pants sort-of split open when they aren't zipped. And there isn't really a secretive way to zip them when you're sitting in front of a patient. Hmm... guess it's time for me to wear pants with elastic waistbands.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so glad I am not the only one having trouble remembering to zip up my dress pants at work!!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol
    I have the same issue now and then with my pants! GL with the TTC business, another month might do some good =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahaha...that is hilarious about the zipper! Shit happens! Glad to hear you are cycling normally and things are going well after your D&C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLease don't start wearing spandex. THat really puts you in the old category and I think we need to stay young as long as possible. I'm really glad you're cycles turned back to normal after the m/c. That's always a positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no the pants incident is awesome. I bet the people you work with just think your so much fun.
    So my prayers are with you guys in the coming cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you're doing well. That zipper thing is pretty funny...sorry I know it has to be embarrassing for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! Glad to hear you are doing well and giving your patients a peak show, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the update.. I have been wondering about you...and thought hmmmmm a baby maybe?? LOL....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...