Skip to main content

Talk about getting up on the wrong side of the bed...

Let me just tell you what is NOT a good way to start a Monday morning.

I woke up 30 measly minutes before my alarm was set to go off because my dog puked on my shoulder while I was sleeping peacefully in bed. Not only did he hit my pillow and my shirt, he also got it all over the sheets I washed YESTERDAY!!! I woke up to both the sound of vomit (lovely) as well as the heaviness of it on my shoulder.

Only good news to share from this experience was that it didn't get in my hair.

Comments

  1. Agreed, that is the worst! Hopefully your day has gotten better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh geesh! What a way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this mean that you didn't wash your hair today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. gross! I hear motherhood is similar to that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwww! Hope your day gets better, and cleaner, and less dramatic =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your day ended up getting better...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, That is such a horrible way to wake up. I hope tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never fails - wash the sheets and the dog is sure to puke that night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! That sounds awful! I swear my cats do their thing at the WORST time and it always sets my day off wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...