Skip to main content

Fast Learner? Not so much...

Sure wish I had figured out 2 months ago that sleep gowns will pull on from the feet up and that it's not necessary to force those stupid things over the baby's head, causing her to get angry.  That elastic band at the bottom seemed so difficult to maneuver over her head!

Paisley's reaction to figuring out a simpler way to put on our favorite sleep attire
Why did I not notice that the head hole is huge?  Makes a girl wonder if there are other things I'm missing that would make life easier... 

We went to see Saw 3D tonight which was awesome!  I can't believe how much I miss her when I'm away for 2 hours.  Halfway through the movie I felt the urgency to rush home to her, which I resisted because Aaron would make fun of me plus the movie was great.  (If you're into ridiculously bloody movies with terrible acting-  I happen to love it). 

Things are great around here.  Paisley is getting more and more fun every day and I fall deeper in love with her every second.  It's crazy how I never feel like there's enough time in the day to spend with her, even though I'm always with her.   Her smile melts my heart, her tears break my heart, and she has shown me how much love I'm capable of having for someone else.  Truly incredible.

Comments

  1. hmm... I've never thought of that! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried putting her gowns on that way. Good advice! I do hate pulling things over her head. I think it's so funny you like scary movies. I definitely don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of that, either, so clearly I am ALSO not a fast learner:). Jackson doesn't mind them going over his head, though. Isn't it amazing the depth of your love for her? It's hard to put into words. While I also want to spend all my time with him, I'd also love a break sometimes. When I'm at work (2 days a week), I just want to get back to him, though:). It seems unnatural for him to be without me. I've yet to take a break away from him besides work. I wonder if that would make a difference? Well, I'm babbling:). Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure Saw 3D is not for me, but it's great that you're able to get out with Aaron every now and then. Paisley is getting cuter by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loll!! you're just too funny!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...