Skip to main content

The Long Overdue Update

 Once you've heard a bit about what I've been doing the past 2 years, you might better understand why my blog went unattended.  So, in a nutshell: I was living my perfect life.  I'd been married for 15 years to the best guy I knew, finally had the two kids I had struggled so hard to have, and was living in my "forever" home on the most beautiful land.  It was good.  

And then it absolutely came crashing down.  I found out that my marriage wasn't at all stable anymore, and that one of us (him) had essentially checked out without notifying the other (me).  It was absolutely devastating.  I left home with the kids for a few weeks to gather my thoughts and feel like I was in a place where I could mourn the loss of a relationship I had long cherished.  I was certain I would grow old with this person.  Obviously, I learned a whole lot about how much someone can change and that no one can truly be completely trusted.

Things were tough from there.  I filed for divorce, and tried to begin scraping up the shattered remnants of the life I once had.  It felt empty and I felt lost.  Betrayal is one of the hardest things to deal with, in my opinion.  This was a form of grief, but with the person still living and breathing.  And I've found that in most cases, the person who caused the destruction doesn't typically feel any type of guilt.  I've had to learn to forgive when an apology isn't made.  

Soon after this, my father committed murder.  I'm not kidding.  He shot and killed my stepmom.  There will be lots of posts regarding this because it is a pivotal point of my existence.  I can tell you that it changes your perspective on so many things, and actually I learned even more about forgiveness.  He spent several months in jail before having a stroke, and dying in the hospital shortly after.  If there is one crisis that I have dealt with the most, it is this one.  And I realize that sounds crazy.

Speed forward a grudgingly terrible 3 months, and my very best friend in this world (my mom) was diagnosed with lung cancer.  And it was already advanced.  This is a woman who spent 12 hour days at Universal Studios with me and the kids 6 weeks prior and rode the biggest rollercoasters while there.  So to say it was a shock doesn't even do it justice.  She had a cough.  Then she had fatigue.  And then two different doctor visits got her nowhere.  She fought for a mere 2 months before it became too much.  And March 12, 2020, I lost my mom.  

Of all the trauma I have endured over the past few years, losing her was in a league of its own.  I could conquer anything with her by my side.  We were always together, and talked so many times a day.  We took trips together and raised my kids together.  She was my person.  And then she was gone.  And the loneliness and emptiness I have felt since is astounding and deafening.   I've thought sometimes the heartache is so intense that it will surely stop beating.  But it doesn't.  

So, here I am.  I'm raw and vulnerable and angry and hopeful.  Everything has changed, and yet my kids are the most important people ever.  My focus is so much clearer now and I'm able to truly see what my time and energy should be spent on.  And I'm unwilling to spend any time with a person who drains any of that from me.  I'm glad you're here and I'm looking forward to writing this next chapter in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and