Skip to main content

Good News!!!

Did I just hear you ask, "So Amber, what have you been doing lately?" Well, for your information, I have been ovulating... on my own... like a real girl... without any medications or treatments...

Looks like it happened on June 6 (day we left for vacation) which makes me 9 days post-ovulation. Great news is that he drew my progesterone level today and it was 15.4 which is way higher than usual. Even better news is that I escaped his office for the first time without taking my pants off (aka: no pelvic ultrasound). Which is lucky, not because I have any trace of humility remaining, but since I have some seriously ridiculous tan lines right now and did not shave my legs.

There was certainly a point when I thought the surgery was a terrible decision (especially when I felt that I literally might die and had to be hospitalized), but now I'm so glad I tried this. Of course, we aren't guaranteed that anything will happen, but at least now I have a chance. I might even get to take a pregnancy test at some point. Hopefully soon...

So the new agenda: if I don't start by 6/22 (Tues) I go in for a pregnancy test in his office. If I start before then, I call him on Day 1 and we start doing ovulation predictor tests at home. As soon as the line changes at all, I go in for an ultrasound and hopefully an injection to improve that ovulation. This next month will be more closely monitored, meaning I get to spend more money on doctor's visits. Yeah!!!

Most importantly: one of my very best friends just had her twin girls at 28 weeks gestation (12 weeks early) and although they're all doing better than expected, please pray for them. They each weigh just over 2 pounds each and it's going to be a long road for all involved. This couldn't have happened to a nicer person and we're so thankful that everyone has done so well so far.

Comments

  1. What awesome news! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey. I should receive my injectables tomorrow. What fun and how expensive but in God's timing, He will show His will. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news sweetie! And for your information, I think I'm a real girl even if I need clomid to ovulate, lol! :) But I would love for it to happen without clomid. I'm on metformin right now and were not doing clomid this month to see if I do ovulate on my own.

    Your friends babies will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...