Skip to main content

Baby K

My cousin just had beautiful, identical twin girls 11 days ago. Baby K had to have a major open heart surgery at only 6 days old and has been fighting to recover since then. She had a pretty major set-back last night and I just want all of my friends to please add her onto their prayer list.

They're in Dallas since that's where the best heart specialist is, so it's really hard for the family since she's not here at home. I just can't understand why certain things have to happen. We've known for some time that she had this heart defect and that 25% of babies don't survive (all babies require 3 surgeries), but I never accepted that it could happen to her.

It has broken my heart today to know what my cousin is going through and how hard little K is trying to fight. Please pray for them...

Comments

  1. I'm going to pray extra hard for baby K! Your cousin, baby K and you are in my prayers tonight! I can't imagine what that poor mom is going through...it breaks my heart to think of little ones having to have surgery. :(

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, the whole family is in my prayers, I can't imagine what they must be going through. Your cousin is lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! What happened? She had been doing so good! Are you still headed down there this weekend? Call me when you get a chance. They are definitely in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll be in our thoughts, hopin' for the very best for her and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...
It has been WAY too long since I’ve posted here and I’m eager to rejoin the blogging world!!!  The kids are 5 and 7 and super fun, I’m working at a medspa doing injectables and lasers full time and I’m 14 years in to marriage now.   But here’s where life has now lead me!  I have been driven to do a medical mission trip over the past few weeks and I’m very set on Haiti.  Yes, they are currently having a temper tantrum over the increased fuel prices which they definitely can’t afford, but that country needs help!!!!!   So, I’m here to tell my story of how this all goes!  I’ll need lots of prayers and support in this crazy endeavor!