Skip to main content

Someone needs an intervention

I think maybe I've got an addiction. I'm in that stage where I've realized that I have a problem, but no one around me seems to. Waiting on someone to take my hand and say, "we need to get you some help."

It's kinda funny because I actually was a slow one to sign up for the whole myspace/facebook/ blog phenomenon, thinking that there were tons of criminals waiting to steal my identity, drain my accounts, and start stalking me. Turns out, I don't really think I'm that interesting and my financial situation leaves much to be desired. Go ahead and take over my loan debt- I dare you!

But now here I am, entering a new blog almost every day and checking for comments that people leave. I get SO excited when someone has commented or when one of the blogs I follow is updated. I think this has been excellent for my mental health and Aaron's well-being. But it really interferes with my TV time. :)

As for my baby situation, I'm 2 days post IUI so we've still got a long wait (12 days) until we test. I would actually test positive right now if I tested due to my hCG trigger shot I took. Might be kinda nice to see what a positive looks like...

Comments

  1. The blogging world is such a delightful time-suck, isn't it? :)

    - Molly
    http://roots-andwings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd give you a comment for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blogging too! I've managed to combine my blogging and tv time with the purchase of a laptop and wifi. Brilliant. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee I did that with my OV kit. I never got a positive ovulation result, so I couldn't resist when I got the trigger shot! I know it's just the shot, but it felt like a triumph anyways. :)

    Catie's got it right - park on the couch in front of the TV with a laptop and a big glass of tea. (Since it can't be a big glass of wine.) Of course, it irritates the heck out of DH 'cause I lose track of the show and he has to keep giving me recaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought I'd drop in and say hi...I can't remember how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did! I am 7DPO and I HATE WAITING!!!

    Good luck to you guys, and I'll keep lurking if you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amber,
    I just stumbled on to your blog (followed a link from a comment you posted on someone else's). I am so happy to have found it! It might give me some insight as to what I'm in for -- I went off birth control in February and haven't ovulated since then... which makes babymaking pretty difficult! I've just been informed that I should see an infertility specialist for a workup. Yuck. Thanks for posting your experiences... I'm off to read from the beginning.

    My blog is http://thisplaceisnowahome.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog on Waiting on baby Paramore. I can totally relate to this post. I love to get new followers and comments on my blog too!! I will now be keeping up with your journey to parenthood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...