Skip to main content

To Tell or Not to Tell

When I started this blog, my goal was to be as honest and open as possible. Truthfully, it's kinda just my personality to be that way. It takes much more effort for me to withhold information or keep a secret than tell the world all of my personal business.

The other day I started considering how I would handle it if I did get pregnant. I had always thought that we'd only tell our parents until I was about 10 weeks along so that I was through the "most dangerous" part. At that time, I also figured I wouldn't even really know until I was 6 weeks along.

Now that I have invited you all in to share in our story, it's impossible to hide something that significant. You've all been there for me during the tears and frustration, it only seems fair that you should be there for the celebration.

So, I've decided that if the day ever does come that I get my positive, I will share it with you all. Knowing that things may still go wrong and I may quickly turn to you for support. With that said, it's been 1 week since my IUI so we have one more week to go! Keep your fingers crossed, the prayers coming, and positive thoughts flowing my direction...

Comments

  1. Sending lots of positive energy your way for your BFP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your BFP. I pray for you every night. You deserve it. And as far as telling everyone goes. If God forbid something goes wrong it is amazing to have that support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. positive thoughts always coming your way (even when you don't want them)! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more week to go for both us to find out. Like my husband says "prepare for the worst, hope for the best". Praying for God's will for you! I can't believe how fast the 1st week went at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will get a BFP (if not this cycle, soon-ofcourse, I'm praying that it is this cycle!) and you must share! I've wondered the same thing as you because I do have some friends and family members who read my blogs, and I'm worried they will blab it or spread it on FB. I don't know what I'll do!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to keep someething like that a secret plus you know I will be bugging you.. Plus you were the first to find out I was pregnant only becuase I was stupid and didn't know how to read the test. LOL!! Anyways's I am rooting for you... Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've pretty much got our fingers permanently crossed, and our prayers are always with you. If we can ever do anything to help in any way, for you or Moose, just let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers and crossed fingers!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber,
    I found your blog through Mendy's (we went to high school together), and I wanted to wish you the best and let you know that I am praying for you. I also have PCOS and had the ovarian diathermy (drilling) with Dr. H. He is just an awesome man and wonderful physician. I now have two beautiful children, Ana (2 yrs) and James (2 mo). I remember how difficult and frustrating PCOS and IF are, and I wanted you to know that I hope you get a + very soon.

    Deidre'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...