Skip to main content

Merry Christmas

The holidays were so enjoyable this year!  I cannot believe how much more fun things are now that Paisley is here to share them with.  The enthusiasm she brings to life is just infectious! 

She opened gifts very slowly and meticulously, and then just wanted to play with whatever it was.  I'd have to encourage her to move on to the next one.  She got lots of great new toys to play with!  And I actually love the new stuff too!!!

Even better, my "biological father" and "Mother Trucker" didn't show up for Christmas which made things perfect!  The family was able to really enjoy each other without worrying about any drama.  Other than the normal silly stuff my family always manages on creating! 

I'll update more later, just wanted you all to know that we're still here!  Just enjoying the holidays and time together.  :)

Comments

  1. Aww and I was really hoping to hear a story about bio father and mother trucker! haha :) Kidding. Glad you have an amazing Christmas with Paisley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well, but I always enjoy mother trucker stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Isn't it so fun with babies:)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a great Christmas. I could not agree with you more about how much more special the holidays are when you have little ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...