Skip to main content

9th Month: In the Home Stretch

Gil and I have made it to the 9th month of pregnancy! It's a wonderful feeling to know that even if this baby made an appearance today, things will be okay. We're just working on plumping up from here on out (both of us!) We've gained 28 pounds now, so we're still a little under the 150 mark. I'm still feeling pretty bummed that this pregnancy will be ending soon and I feel really good overall. The half-days have restored my sense of well-being and I'm still enjoying pregnancy. *Proving all of those mean women wrong who have been saying all along, "just wait until the end of your pregnancy." Hard to tell for sure, but I feel like the baby is starting to drop. This child has moved around so frequently throughout this pregnancy that my belly shape is different from day to day and I'm never quite sure if I'm carrying high or low because it depends on the day. I feel more pressure down really low now though and I have a lot of space between my bump and my knockers. :)
I've had a stupid cold since Friday that I can't shake. Being sick makes me ridiculously whiny and emotional, especially right now since I feel like I'm not getting to fully savor my time with Gil. Sounds stupid, right? I didn't say I was logical during illness either. I get sick so rarely that I'm terrible at it. Gil seems to feel fine though and is still rolling around in there and attempting to poke appendages out through my stomach. Probably just enjoying how much sleep I'm getting...
I see the doctor again on Thursday, so we'll see how things go. I'm going to start taking my bags with me this week just in case I need them. So amazing that we have went from a tiny little gestational sac to a fully developed baby that is soon going to be here! I really thought fear would set in by now about labor and delivery, but it's not at all. Of course I worry that the baby will get here safely, but I'm not concerned about my own pain or what happens. We're just so ready to welcome this baby into our family!


Comments

  1. I always look forward to your new posts! I'm so excited for you and Aaron in this last month and how soon baby Gil will be here! I'm probably just as exctited to find out boy or girl and am even more happy that you'll be close by my work so I can come visit when Gil arrives (that is if you want visitors - totally understand if you don't). On that note, if you need me to make food runs or anything I can - I may even bring you Nacho Mountain from Childrens. :) Happy last month of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting so anxious for you! Can't wait to see if it is a she or a he!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the dreaded "August" pregnancy woes have not gotten the best of you! You definitely have proven all the stories wrong! What a trooper! Hope you get to feeling better soon! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. You better call/text/send smoke signals the second anything happens no matter what time! Can't wait! Still have my fingers crossed for before August 16th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe you are so close to your due date already!! It seems like it was just yesterday that you were announcing your pregnancy!
    I hope you feel better soon. When I was pregnant with Hayley I had a nasty cold and was miserable for about a week before I decided tylenol cold and sinus was safe to take.
    Can't wait to see pictures of your little one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're doing well!! I have to admit I'm pretty miserable much of the day do it's good to know it doesn't have to be this way. What a relief to know that baby will be ok if he/she decides to pop out early...really makes the rest of the journey a joy...not like it wasn't already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do look like you are carrying just a bit lower than your last pic! Can't believe you are 36 weeks already!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that it looks like baby is dropping. Enjoy your last month! If you're like me, you'll miss your belly for a while, but eventually you'll forget how much you miss it because you're too busy loving every second with your baby! (Oh, who am I kidding? I still kinda miss it!) Can't wait to find out what s/he is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and