Skip to main content

Blogging Failure

The fact that I blog less than I exercise is not a good sign.  I miss you all.  And I'm glad to be where I'm at because the problem is that my cup runneth over.  Life is crazy.  The kids are growing and becoming real people and exploring and I'm still struggling to figure out how to parent a VERY challenging 3-year-old.


Dear Paisley is actually quite a joy to raise.  She is spunky and energetic and funny.  We desperately struggle to stifle our laughter as we discipline her for things that I never expected her to do or say.  She is the center of attention and loves her baby brother like there's no tomorrow.  I've never met a more opinionated and divalicious child though.  She picks every piece of clothing she wears, which toy she brings in the car, exactly what she is willing to eat, how her hair is fixed, which door she uses to get in the car, etc. 


I hear you out there judging me.  I would have to until I gave birth to Whitney Houston Jr.  I'm telling you now, I've tried to hold my ground and refuse to give in.  Guess how that went?  Several hours of crying and fit throwing allowing us to NEVER make it out of the house.  We would literally have to just board up the doors and windows if we decided to make a war out of this crap.  And the house would implode from the fighting.


So, pick your battles.  I make her do what has to be done whether or not she likes it.  But this little firecracker doesn't settle back down once you get her fired up.  It's a snowball effect and you will lose every single time.  Most sentences of hers start with "But why you not _____?" or "But why I not have _______?"  It's quite because it's so grammatically incorrect, but after the 100th time of hearing it in a day, it gets a bit tiring...


Sweet baby Graham, on the other hand, is a doll to parent.  He is exactly the opposite of his sister (which we prayed desperately for).  He is calm, laid-back and easy in every regard.  I adore this boy and how much he snuggles and loves on us.   With that said, he talks a LOT less than his sister did at this point.  He is slower in all developmental milestones, for that matter.  Not that we care.   When he waited until 17 months to walk, the only thing that annoyed me was the questions from family/friends about when he would start walking and when we should get concerned.  Back off, peeps.  This is not a competition.


I work hard all the time to find the balance in my life.  I'm going back to work part-time this month (one day a week to start and we will consider a 2nd day in the future) doing botox and other cosmetic procedures at a local spa.  I'm excited to be doing something other than rectal exams and listening to women talk about depression for an hour.  Sure the family practice gig is "more important", but I'm too tired now to deal with that.  My job is now my time away.  :)


Hope everyone is doing well and I really will make an effort to get my rear in gear and start posting more!

Comments

  1. Good to hear from you ! You know I am in the same boat - I am pretty sure about 3 people TOTAL read my blog anymore. But I've decided to start writing some more, and I'm starting with my blog. So hopefully I will see you more around here:). OH and yeah, Addy and Paisley would be a RIOT together - they sound like twins as far as temperament! Except Addy also likes to choose her clothes but always wants just jeans or shorts and a t shirt (as opposed to Paisley's AWESOME tutu inspired outfits:)). Take care and have fun at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are things?I can totally relate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and