Skip to main content

The Twins are Here

I had several people who read this who asked for more details so for those of you who have no interest in my new breasts, skip this post.  I won't blame you.  

I went in at 8 am and had surgery at 9.  We were in the car driving home by 10:45.  I initially felt some tightness around my chest from the muscles being stretched, but have had no discomfort since coming home.  I took one norco for pain and I'm icing the girls every 2 hours.  I've been lying down because I'm supposed to but I feel like I could easily tolerate mild activity.  

For those who are local, I used Dr. Justin Jones at Waterford plastic surgery.  He came highly recommended as the best in the state for this from a pa friend who works in the field and an anesthesiologist friend who has worked with a lot of plastic surgeons.  I had several consults but chose him because he was very thorough, and had amazing before and after pictures.  

We did silicone gel implants under the muscle so they don't interfere with mammograms and look more natural.  I chose 355 cc to bump me from my current large A to a full C.  They look like my nursing boobs already!  

So, I'm already pleased that I went through with it and I look forward to seeing how they settle over the next few months.  Woo-hoo for a better body and more self confidence in a swimsuit!

Comments

  1. Nice! Glad you are doing well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! So glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how thrilled you are about undergoing the surgery. Self confidence comes from within, but it's only fair that you are the one in control of where all that confidence comes from. I just know that I am happy that you are pleased with the results. I hope that your confidence has been increasing day by day. All the best to you! :)

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...