Skip to main content

Just Need a Break

I've been okay most of the time about this whole infertility business, but this has been one of those weeks where I'm just not okay. I'm irritated, frustrated, sad, and pessimistic. The question of "why" keeps rolling through my mind, and I know that there is no good reason. It's just the hand we're dealt. And one year into this, our marriage is stronger than ever and my life is still fantastic. And yet I feel my heart break a little more every day with the thought that we'll never be parents.

It's crazy because I had such a blissful ignorance going into this whole thing. I really did think we'd just get pregnant right away because that's what happened for EVERYONE else. Considering that I was dragging my feet with the baby thing, I was somewhat happy that it wasn't the first two months.

But as time has gone by, I've become so much more distraught at the tiniest things. One of the worst days was mother's day. We went to a graduation and they had the moms stand- I felt like the only one sitting. And at church they gave carnations to the moms- I entered the pew empty-handed and broken-hearted.

Every week in church, we have "children's prayer time" where they play this sweet lullaby type music and all the kids go to the front to kneel and lead us all in prayer. Everyone else smiles and watches them, having no idea how much effort it takes for me not to cry. I bite my lip and put on my big girl panties and deal with it.

Just like I deal with it all the time. You never forget that you're infertile. Not a single minute passes where I don't remember. It influences everything in your life. I constantly have to remind myself that people do not mean to make me sad. I'm really not depressed and I rarely cry (like twice a year and it's usually over an animal) so don't get too worried about me. I just needed to express my feelings. And now I feel a lot better.

Also, we're leaving for Mexico on Saturday so soon my worries will be left behind. And I'm already on cycle day 9, so I'll probably ovulate in the next 4-5 days if I'm going to. So we'll see how this month goes. I promise not to be such a bummer next time!!!

Comments

  1. We love you and I'm sorry. I hope you guys have a great time in Mexico, you definitely deserve some fun and R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had most of these feelings today. It is so hard to watch others around you be blessed with the one thing we want so bad.

    I hope you have a great time in Mexico!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart just breaks everytime I read these things. As much as it sucks that we are going through this, it's so nice to have someone who can completely relate to your feelings. I really hope things start looking up for you soon.

    Kandice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...