Skip to main content

Vegas Baby!!!

Checking out New York-New York from our hotel window.
 We had a great time in Vegas and Paisley was perfect!  I have to admit I was VERY concerned that she might cause a bit of trouble (aka "ruin the trip"), but I am so happy to report that she made it so much more fun!
She peed on my mom's bed twice during this trip while having naked time.  :)
 The flight there went really well.  She nursed and fell asleep before takeoff, and then slept through the entire 2.5 hour flight.  Luckily, it was a direct flight which made it really easy!  On the way home, she nursed again on takeoff but stayed awake the entire flight.  Thank goodness there were three of us to keep her busy, so she did great playing with toys/ tearing up the sky mall magazine/ eating snacks...
Big gambler!  We spent exactly $0 on gambling which means we came out even!  She loved hanging out with her Aunt Emily and shopping!
 We went for Aaron's vet conference so 4 of our vet school friends went too which was super fun.  She enjoyed all of the attention she got being the only kiddo in the group.  I couldn't believe how good she was about being busy ALL day every day we were there.  We would wake up, eat breakfast, go shopping while Aaron was in class, then run around all day until bedtime.  She took a couple of naps in her stroller, but otherwise was awake and loving it!
Having a little mommy time

Reading her free copy of the Sky Mall magazine, wishing she could buy some breast milk.
 She didn't necessarily love her hotel crib so she'd wake me up in the middle of the night and coerce me into letting her sleep with me.  Which let's face it, I love to snuggle with this sweet baby so it doesn't take much to convince me.  Now we're back home and I'm already missing her being next to me.
Checking out the aquariums at Rainforest Cafe with her dad
 We went to Tournament of Kings one night which was great.  We ate a delicious meal with our hands, and watched a fun show with lots of action.  Paisley would watch the horses intently and even like the fireworks at the end which I wouldn't have guessed. 
Posing in her adorable new Vegas showgirl outfit
So, what I learned from this experience is that our traveling days are not over!  We've just got a new travel buddy.  And it's amazing how the little things I failed to take time to appreciate before, she makes me see in a whole new light.  YAY for my little traveler!  Next stop: Mexico in June!!!

Comments

  1. So glad the trip went well! It's nice to be pleasantly surprised. It makes me laugh that she peed on your bed. We got E's penicillin on our bed several times and I was feeling really sorry for the cleaning ladies. I guess they've seen worse, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it all went well! I love it when our babies surprise us! I'm always amazed at how much better Jax does out in public than he does at home:). Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip! And look at that show girl outfit. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and