Skip to main content

Her First Tooth

Paisley has had a runny nose for the past 3 days and I was convinced that we were dealing with our first sickness.  I realize that we are super lucky to make it this far without being sick at all, but I still didn't want her to feel bad.  She's been a little cranky and very attached to me this week. Her naps are limited again and it's tough to get her to go to sleep. It's concerned me at points that she's getting really spoiled (how could that have happened?).

But tonight I found the reason for the changes:  she cut her first tooth!  It's on the bottom right side and it's as sharp as a shark tooth.  So, maybe they really can get a snotty nose before cutting teeth...  Hmmm...  And now I feel like her mood hasn't been that bad at all considering she's had a sharp object pushing its way through her sweet little gums.  Now, my nipples are kinda cringing at the thought of teeth.  And my baby is still happily nursing throughout the day.  So, we're going to have to set some ground rules about biting.  :)

I donated 800 ounces of breastmilk to the Mother's Milk Bank today.  It felt great to give my milk to such a good cause.  And to clear out our deep freeze.   They've made the process so super easy, and I'm happy to have found them.  I had to do bloodwork to check for HIV, hepatitis, etc.  I filled out paperwork about my health, baby's health, etc.  And my pediatrician and OB/GYN had to fill out a form vouching for our health.  It didn't take any time at all to get it all done, and now I'm a qualified donor.  So the milk with go to North Texas to be pasteurized and then will most likely return to Oklahoma to be used in our NICU.  Yay!  I'm so glad that I was really successful at this, since reproduction in general was a disaster for me...

Paisley is changing daily right now.  She's still scooting all over the place, and now she likes to do "downward facing dog".  It's a yoga pose where you are on your hands and feet with your rear in the air.  She is so cute doing it- I have to get a picture of it!  She LOVES swim class and is now kicking and using her arms in the water.  Pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  She sits if I distract her, but prefers her belly still.  Loves feeding herself, so I've been giving her noodles and shredded cheese to play with.  Any other ideas on foods she can feed herself without choking?

Comments

  1. Gerber makes snacks that I believe she is old enough to eat. Some kids will shove it in but if just give her a little at a time they might work for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great you could donate your extra milk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new tooth! i'm so scared of that day because of the biting thing; he bites me enough and it is just with his gums now and THAT hurts so i can only imagine with teeth. :(

    that is so great of you to donate so much!!!

    even though he has no teeth, i feed him little pieces of bananas, gerber puffs, and little pieces of really mushy carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine love blueberries, bananas, puffs, pieces of bread (without the crust), shredded cheese, small noodles, just recently we tried scrambled eggs and they loved them.
    Such fun to introduce new foods and watch them try to feed it to themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so exciting, a first tooth! And what an amazing gift to donate your breastmilk. I imagine it is wonderful to feel so successful at bfing. I am not so successful, and I'm back to feeling like the infertile again. I am not happy, she is not happy. Not fun. Oh, and we feed Jax puffs and pieces of bananas, noodles, whatever we are having for dinner as far as veggies. We avoid some of the common allergy foods, though, such as eggs. Have fun!

    Oh, and swim class sounds amazing. I'm hoping to get both of ours into a class with us once they are a little older:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must feel so good to donate that milk!! What a wonderful thing to be able to do.

    I never thought about little noodles, but that makes so much sense! Good tip!

    I need to see a pic of her doing downward dog!! I smile just imagining it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its amazing and so special that you were able to donate your milk. Good for you :)

    Also sorry to hear that miss Paisley got her first tooth and its been having her feeling yuck. I hate it when Coop gets teeth but once it passes all is well.
    Its amazing how much it seems like they are getting a cold and its not.

    I'm glad Paisley is enjoying her swim classes also :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and