Skip to main content

Testing out our Walking Skills!!!

On Monday night, Paisley took her first steps!  The first couple of tries she would let go of whatever she was holding onto and pretty much just face-plant into the floor.  I guess she decided this method was not so successful and wouldn't be great for getting around.

So, she then steadied herself a little better and took 2 steps before crashing to the ground.  And then laughing at herself!  It was the cutest thing she's done so far and Aaron and I were lucky enough to both witness it.  We stared amazed at her for hours before realizing that it was really late (after 11 pm) and we needed to get her to bed...  :)

I realize everyone says that life is over now, but I love every single time she becomes more mobile.  It makes her happier and she actually is playing so much better on her own now.  The whole house is a playground which is hilarious because she doesn't play with any of her toys right now.  She mainly just wants us to walk with her while holding her hands.  And she'll go in circles around the living room and kitchen for hours!  Too cute!

Comments

  1. Yay, Paisley! Such a big girl!! I think I'd enjoy Jackson's mobility much more if I wasn't having to chase him while carrying another chunky baby! We do love watching him crawl, pull himself up, cruise - we are amazed at how quickly he has learned these things. I KNOW we will be just as enchanted with him when he walks as you were with Paisley:). We'll just also be tired, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ten-month old is walking?? Amazing! I cannot wait until Wesley takes his first steps. I keep telling him he can walk ANY day of the week between now and September, but starting in the fall it's Thursday-Sunday ONLY. I want to be there! Have fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited! Landry started walking at 10 months too. It is a lot more work, but there are also good things -- like letting her walk into the house rather than carrying her and two bags of groceries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up ...

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and ...

Blog Title

I've been thinking about changing the name of our blog. But after much thought, I've decided to leave it the same. Our stork really isn't great with directions. Sure, we're pregnant now and it appears that our journey really is leading us to a baby. But it's definitely not been the quickest, easiest path. We took many wrong turns, hit several dead ends, and ended up on detours for way too long. There's been too many tears cried and my heart has been broken time and time again. It's been a long, hard road to get here and the stupid stork assigned to us put us through a load of crap to get to this point. I'm certainly thankful for the road we're on now, don't get me wrong. I'd do all of it 30 times again if I could be where I am now. (Money and biological clock allowing...) But the title should stay the same. 2 years have passed, 3 surgeries, 1 hospitalization, my miscarriage, hundreds of doctor's visits, thousands of dollars s...