Amber and Aaron

Amber and Aaron

The Fun We've Already Had...

  • Graham Tomas born July 31 at 5:04 P.M. weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
  • December 2, 2011: PREGNANT!!!
  • Paisley Kate arrived August 21 at 5:38 P.M. weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz
  • DUE DATE: August 25, 2010!!!
  • Dec. 14, 2009- PREGNANT!!!
  • Oct. 07,2009- Had elective D&C.
  • Sept 28, 2009- No embryo on ultrasound. :(
  • Sept 15th, 2009- We found out we're PREGNANT!!!
  • Sept '09- Aaron had varicocele repair.
  • July '09- IUI #1 with HCG shot= No such luck
  • April '09- Ovarian drilling surgery, followed by hospitalization for uterine infection
  • Jan-Mar '09- metformin + 3 rounds of clomid= no ovulation
  • Dec. 11, 2008- Hysterosalpingogram (Fancy word for shooting dye through the ovaries. OUCH)
  • Nov '08- Sent to RE. Tried metformin alone for two months (No ovulation)
  • Oct '08- Diagnosed with PCOS based on amenorrhea and crazy hormone levels.
  • June '08- Aaron convinced me to start trying.
  • June '04- Got Hitched!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nothing a Little IV Fluids Can't Fix...

Illness struck again. 

Wednesday morning I woke up feeling a rumbling in my belly that just wasn't right.  I texted Aaron at work to see if he felt okay and he did.  So I got Paisley and I ready to head to the clinic, pausing about 20 times to sit on the toilet sure that something terrible was going to happen.  When it didn't, I went on in to work and did payroll for the girls. 

While writing their checks, I had to rush to the restroom where some nasty stuff went down.  From both ends.  Excessively.  I'm sure you get the picture.  I immediately felt weak and faint, but finished my payroll duties and headed home.  I left Paisley with Aaron because I was a little nervous to drive with her even though we only live 5 miles from the clinic.  Plus, I didn't know if I could lift her in and out of the car.

By the time I got home, I knew I should probably let my OB know so I texted her (remember we're actually friends).  She immediately called and told me to head to the clinic for IV fluids.  No point in arguing with this woman and I didn't really feel like I was well enough to put up a fight.  So my mom took me to their clinic for 2 liters of IV fluids and IV zofran.  I had several lovely rounds of vomiting while there, but eventually it stopped and I even ate some crackers.

4 hours later, I was sent home with orders to rest and eat a bland diet.  Last night, I still felt terrible but today I woke up much better.  The stomach cramps have stopped and I am eating okay today.  No more diarrhea or vomiting!!!  Which is great because our crew leaves for Vegas in 36 hours!!!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! I've had that from both ends before and it is NOT fun...and I wasnt even pregnant then! So I feel for ya! Glad you are feeling better :) Have a great trip to vegas! I'm not sure if you got my reply email, but thanks about the room! :) We bought the pink lamp at Home Goods in early Decemeber when we found out it was a girl! I couldn't leave the store without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! I had the EXACT same thing at about 15 weeks too. Horrible. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Gotta love zofran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that at 8mo pregnant with Corbin - I've never felt such misery!! At least you got it out of the way before Vegas. Poor Moose better be praying he doesn't get it while you're there!

    ReplyDelete