Skip to main content

Funny Paisley

It's official. Paisley has inherited our sarcasm and sense of humor. She knows when to use it and how to use it. And she thoroughly enjoys herself.

This little girl makes me laugh all the time. She's feisty and silly and independent. I know she enjoys her life and that makes me feel so fulfilled as her mom.

Her language has been exploding lately and she now strings together as many words as she can come up with. She still favors "Paisley do it", "Paisley fix it" and "Paisley get it". Miss Independent.

She now calls us cuckoo and waves her finger in a large circle. She'll say "dada cuckoo". :)

She asks for her "blue mo" which is milk in her blue sippy. Or whichever color she decides it will taste best on that day.

And she loves to recap the day with me before we fall asleep at night. He'll remind me of all the things we did.

She knows all of her colors, with ridiculous ones like fuchsia and seafoam falling under their larger, better known categories. She can pretty much count to 12 with some variation in the order of 1-5 at times.

And we're starting to sing songs! Her favorite is five little monkeys and she loves the line "no more monkeys (mumble, mumble) bed." It's adorable because she shakes her little finger and gets this sassy face. Too cute.

Comments

  1. Callie is in the singing phase too. She sings some church songs like "Trust and Obey" but also sings radio songs like Taylor Swift's "We are never getting back together" and came home from daycare singing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." Apparently that last one is in the Chimpmunks Movie that they watched one day. They are such silly girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable, I think that is age is the best (I haven't experienced it with my own, but from babysitting and family)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she sounds like so much fun! She and jax would have an absolute BLAST together - he loves to make people laugh too:). Isn't it cool to watch their personalities flourish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a soft spot for this girl! Love her! Sounds like she is so much fun to be around :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and