Amber and Aaron

Amber and Aaron

The Fun We've Already Had...

  • Graham Tomas born July 31 at 5:04 P.M. weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
  • December 2, 2011: PREGNANT!!!
  • Paisley Kate arrived August 21 at 5:38 P.M. weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz
  • DUE DATE: August 25, 2010!!!
  • Dec. 14, 2009- PREGNANT!!!
  • Oct. 07,2009- Had elective D&C.
  • Sept 28, 2009- No embryo on ultrasound. :(
  • Sept 15th, 2009- We found out we're PREGNANT!!!
  • Sept '09- Aaron had varicocele repair.
  • July '09- IUI #1 with HCG shot= No such luck
  • April '09- Ovarian drilling surgery, followed by hospitalization for uterine infection
  • Jan-Mar '09- metformin + 3 rounds of clomid= no ovulation
  • Dec. 11, 2008- Hysterosalpingogram (Fancy word for shooting dye through the ovaries. OUCH)
  • Nov '08- Sent to RE. Tried metformin alone for two months (No ovulation)
  • Oct '08- Diagnosed with PCOS based on amenorrhea and crazy hormone levels.
  • June '08- Aaron convinced me to start trying.
  • June '04- Got Hitched!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wishing for Amenorrhea

Yep, it's most certainly a period....feeling more like something that is trying to rip my intestines out of my hoo-ha at this point. My cramps are killer, my lower back hurts, I'm nauseated and I might be having some mood swings according to Aaron. (Although I feel like I'm being perfectly pleasant.) *We might need to insert a commercial here for some PMS medication.*

So, we're now on Day 2. I'm excited about a new month and a new chance. I'm also worried that I am going to be a tad disappointed (aka: very pissed off) if I don't get pregnant already. So I know the stats are only about 20% get pregnant every month of trying. IF your normal. Which we are NOT. But a girl has to hope.

No further news at this time. I will be in the bathtub with a lovely glass (possibly bottle) of wine watching TV, popping Midol like candy. Hope everyone is having a lovely evening!!!

9 comments:

  1. I found your blog through my friend Rebekah's. I too have PCOS and after several years of infertility we adopted. It hurts me to see other woman suffer with PCOS. ((HUGS))- Kriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, how sweet of Aaron to say you MIGHT be having mood swings! LOL Too funny!! Mine wouldn't spare my feelings- he'd just say YEP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny.. and I can't possibly believe that you would have mood swings... LOL.. but hey a period is a good thing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Periods after a ovarian diathermy seem harder to me than the periods I had before they became irregular when I was a teen. I had the surgery almost 4 years ago and after 2 babies the periods aren't any easier. Sorry. Deidre'

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for periods!!!! Now on the dissapointment end of not getting pregnant right away. Call me because we need to have a dinner to discuss :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah AF arrived!!

    Good for you for keeping you hope alive...positive thoughts can go a long way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for causing Emily to type "Yay for periods"...oh dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! I mean, not awesome EXACTLY, but you know you are ovulating again on your own! Great news.

    Ride it out. And tell your husband to hold on -- it's only a few more days!

    ReplyDelete