Skip to main content

Let's Talk about Deuce

Thank you dear friends.  You reassured me that my own network of people haven't just decided that we are such awful parents to Paisley that they cannot imagine us having a 2nd.  (The thought actually crossed my mind.)  And when I come to think of it, I've kinda ignored people's subsequent pregnancies too.   Like the more you have, the less attention you need.  Yet, I've always thought people should have a baby shower for every baby because it's a celebration of its own.   I'm just a neglectful friend who commonly forgets birthdays and other sentimental things.  But I'm always here if anyone needs me!

So, let's just talk about Baby Deuce for a moment.  Because last night I feel like I finally had a little bonding time with this baby while preparing my adorable, newborn, neutral clothes.  It's not as easy to do since I'm so busy with Paisley.  With her, I did my prenatal yoga and continuously rubbed my belly and dreamed about her...  With this little person, I try to remember to see my OB every month and not eat raw sushi.  I didn't lift over 10 pounds with her and now I lug her 23-pound body around all day.   Things change...

Baby Deuce has been an absolutely wonderful inhabitant of my uterus.  This little one hasn't created much of a stir at all.  In fact, if the bump hadn't appeared and I hadn't missed my period, I could have been on "I didn't know I was pregnant".   I occasionally feel a sweet little flutter and Deuce loves to pose for the camera on our ultrasounds.  Deuce has NO food aversions which Paisley had a ton of.  I don't have a strong sense of smell this time (last time I could smell everything 10 times stronger than before).  I've had no nausea whatsoever.  And my reflux is being kept at bay with an occasional Prevacid. 

Sleep has been perfect this time.  I feel pretty again with my fast-growing bump.  And I'm a lot less scared about being a mom again.  It just feels right.  This baby will complete us. 

Names, you ask?  I don't mind sharing on here at all.   If we have a boy, the name is Graham Thomas which we'd picked last time.  Graham is for my grandpa who was the greatest man ever to walk this earth.  He would have adored my babies as much as he adored me.  Our son would be lucky to bear the name.    Thomas is for Aaron's side of the family.

Girl's choice is Piper Reese.  I loved Kennedy, but someone (not naming names) vetoed it.  He feels that it's cursed.  Whatever.  So, we agree that Piper goes well with Paisley.  The girl name has absolutely no sentimental value at all, just a name we like.  :)

SO, I'm super excited for August (or maybe late July) so that I can meet this little person.   And I know he or she will be greeted with as much love and excitement as Paisley.  Plus, Deuce already has the coolest big sister!!!

Comments

  1. Love the names you have picked out. And I'm sure Paisley is excited to be a big sister.

    Our baby just turned 1 and I'm hoping we have another miracle baby without having to go through IVF (again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the names! And I can FEEL your happiness in your words. I am so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad it is going easy! After a crazy or hard 1st pregnancy, I'm glad you can "sail" through this one!
    I love the names, especially Graham, what a great boys name. I like piper too, but too bad someone vetoed Kennedy, I ADORE that name for a girl. I have a friend named Kennedy and she is just about the most chill person you would ever want to know!
    Yay for deuce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your names! I LOVE Graham for a boy- had considered it if we ever have another boy, but since we call Grayson G all the time, it might be too confusing. And Piper is one I have really considered too- so cute and spunky and it goes perfectly with Paisley! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! I LOVE both of those names! Graham is a great boys name and Piper is so cute! I approve :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling that you will be having a "Graham" : ) my pregnancy with our little boy was eeeeeeasy shmeeeeasy!!!!! Most of the people in my circle had way more symptoms/sickness with their girls! I can't wait to see either way!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am jealous...you pick the most beautiful names :) Lucky little bebe #2!!

    And I agree with Becca - all my friends with girls were tough pregnancies, and every single boy pregnancy I know of was super easy. But we shall see :) Either way, lucky lucky baby and parents and big sister :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and