Amber and Aaron

Amber and Aaron

The Fun We've Already Had...

  • Graham Tomas born July 31 at 5:04 P.M. weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
  • December 2, 2011: PREGNANT!!!
  • Paisley Kate arrived August 21 at 5:38 P.M. weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz
  • DUE DATE: August 25, 2010!!!
  • Dec. 14, 2009- PREGNANT!!!
  • Oct. 07,2009- Had elective D&C.
  • Sept 28, 2009- No embryo on ultrasound. :(
  • Sept 15th, 2009- We found out we're PREGNANT!!!
  • Sept '09- Aaron had varicocele repair.
  • July '09- IUI #1 with HCG shot= No such luck
  • April '09- Ovarian drilling surgery, followed by hospitalization for uterine infection
  • Jan-Mar '09- metformin + 3 rounds of clomid= no ovulation
  • Dec. 11, 2008- Hysterosalpingogram (Fancy word for shooting dye through the ovaries. OUCH)
  • Nov '08- Sent to RE. Tried metformin alone for two months (No ovulation)
  • Oct '08- Diagnosed with PCOS based on amenorrhea and crazy hormone levels.
  • June '08- Aaron convinced me to start trying.
  • June '04- Got Hitched!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Graham's Birth Story: finally...

July 30th, I woke up with the worst head cold ever.  I couldn't breathe out of my nose, my sinuses felt like they would burst open at any minute, and I was groggy feeling like I'd taken WAY too much benadryl.  And I never handle being sick well, but this day it made me even angrier than usual for 2 reasons.  1.) I was scheduled to deliver my baby in 2 short days.  2.) It was my birthday.

So, I pretty much pouted myself through the day while trying my hardest to get some important things done off my list of crap-that-needs-accomplished-before-baby-2-arrives.  But I went to bed that night feeling pretty rotten and didn't even go anywhere for dinner. 

The next morning I woke up feeling about 80% better thankfully and headed to the clinic to get some things done since it was supposed to be my last day before delivery.  I'd been having contractions all day on the 30th and they were picking up steam this day.  They were every 3-4 minutes but I could still function through them. And since I had a doctor's appointment that morning, I'd pretty much ignored them. 

However, looking back, I'm pretty sure I knew that today was the day.  I chose to not eat breakfast nor lunch that day, even though I never skip a meal.  Part of it was that I wasn't feeling great still, but mostly I think I was preparing for surgery.  Aaron is certain that I knew what was happening.

So, I went to see my OB with Aaron that morning at 11 am and they hooked me up to the non-stress test which showed regular contractions.  Due to that, my NP checked my cervix for the 1st time this pregnancy and I was 2 cm and 40% effaced.  We didn't have a starting point to go from so they wanted me to come back at 2 pm to re-check. 

Aaron and I went over to the hospital and did our pre-op check in as we were supposed to do.  They did my blood work and I was out the door.  The nurse did mention that my OB wasn't sure that I wouldn't be back in a bit, which made my heart flutter like crazy!

We then went back to the clinic.  My mom took Paisley to the doctor in the meantime because she'd been super sick with a fever and diarrhea.  They felt like it was a virus that would pass.  She even seemed to be feeling better already which I was thankful for.  We'd decided that she would just not be able to visit the baby until her fever was gone for 24 hours.

When I went back to the OB, I decided that Aaron didn't need to go.  Nothing was going to happen and he needed to work his last afternoon before taking 10 days off.  So off I went to my re-check.  My cervix was still 2-3 cm but my bag of water was much lower so my OB decided to move my c-section up to NOW!!!  He called the hospital and had me head over to get prepared.

Part 2 coming soon...  :)

1 comment:

  1. How cool that you and your little man's birthdays are so close! Can't wait to read more...