Skip to main content

2012

Overall, this was a great year for us. We welcomed our beautiful son who quickly terrified us with a case of meningitis and watched our gorgeous daughter become a funny, independent 2-year-old with a love of all animals and a hatred for mornings.

I gained 35 pounds with my giant fetus. Then I lost 33 pounds. I think the remaining 2 is in the milk makers.

I have spent about 1000 hours nursing over the past 5 months. Luckily I haven't had to pump much this time because he eats ALOT.

We changed about 15 diapers a day between 2 kids, so my math says that in 2012 we changed 1.3 million. Give or take a few. :). You're welcome, Pampers.

We just conquered our 2nd year as owners of the vet clinic. It was another successful year!

We went to Vegas for Aaron's vet conference, on a cruise to the Caribbean, and to the Dominican Republic for vacation. Learned that Paisley is a great traveler, Also figured out that traveling for 12 hrs while 7 months pregnant is exhausting!!!

I discovered a love for pineapple in my stir fry, chocolate covered pretzels and fudge. I mistakenly decided it wasn't my "thing" until I tried a sample somewhere and realized the error of my ways!

We pretty much haven't seen a movie since early 2010. I also haven't slept since then.

Paisley loves the letter "O" and counting from 7-11. She asks for "more some" when requesting something. Her language has increased a ton!!! She can also successfully jump with both feet leaving the floor. Her favorite things are robots, bubble guppies and trains.

Graham is way into booby juice and snuggling with mama. He loves watching his sister and smiling at anyone who makes eye contact with him.

If I am able to stay awake until midnight this year, it will be the first time to do so since 2010. We crashed out about 11 the last two years!!!

Hope everyone has a safe & Happy New Years!!!

Comments

  1. LOL I too learned the error of my ways since I have rejected choc covered pretzels just because I thought I wouldnt like them. But now I do! I also haven't slept or seen a movie..since well...march. I used to watch movies all the time!! :( Oh well. I'll take my princess over movie watching anyways. Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and