Skip to main content

39 weeks... where are you baby?

Gil and I have made it to 39 weeks and apparently this situation is working out so well that we've decided to just stay pregnant FOREVER!!! I have absolutely loved my pregnancy and have been enjoying it even more now that I've been off work. Thank goodness I decided to take off when I did because my sleeping is getting to be very erratic lately so I like to take random naps throughout the day and then I may or may not sleep at night.

Early on, I wished for a miserable end to my pregnancy so that I would be ready to lose the bump and have the baby. Unfortunately, that has not happened and I'm going to miss the bump like crazy! However, it will be nice to be able to wear shirts that cover my stomach. And I can no longer see the stick to pee on at the doc's office. I just have to make a blind guess which can be quite a mess. :)


The tank top is really trying to meet up with the shorts... Ignore the line down my side, my tank inseam left a mark. Somehow I actually had imagined that I'd be bigger at this point.
We hadn't ever taken a picture of the bump lying down so I decided we needed one before Gil pops out! Can you imagine how not attractive that is going to look when this baby comes out? I feel like it should just mold back into normal when the baby is done using it! My pregnant belly is still fascinating to me and I will always think pregnant bodies are beautiful. The amount of time and work it took for us to get here makes me think that it's even more fantastic. We are SO blessed to be having this baby!
I see the doctor again on Thursday so we'll see how things are coming along down there. I'm really not wanting to be induced unless we are a week late, so I'm willing to wait this out. And something about going into spontaneous labor is just so exciting! Gil will hopefully decide that it's time to meet us soon and we won't have to do anything to encourage it along. :)


Comments

  1. Congrats on 39! I can't believe you are a week away from your due date! My sleeping has been awful lately too - I finally fell asleep last night at 3 am, after Elfie had a dance party on my bladder for 4 hours. Naps are the best! I guess it's all in preparation for what's to come! I' hoping it happens soon for you - I can't wait to hear the story and see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a week (give or take) till you meet your baby Gil! I can't wait to meet them! Schwegal texted me yesterday asking how you were and I totally thought she was asking because you had gone to the hospital and I hadn't heard. If you're able, do one quick blog update before you go in so that I can really stalk your blog for updates. Wishing you a good appointment on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking beautiful! Can't wait to hear how your next doctors appointment goes. Can't believe little Gil is going to be here so soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely cannot wait until Gil arrives... I have been stalking the hospitals website to see if you have delivered... You still look fabulous.... Please send a mass text or post when in labor....

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you for allowing him to arrive naturally. every day he cooks in there will enhance his health!
    From - a random follower of your blog for about 6 months now :-)
    p.s. you're totally carrying "like a boy" - so i think he's a he!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and