Skip to main content

Cold Stirrups= Cold Feet

Day 40 brought AF knocking on my door again, which is exactly when it's started every month since I weaned Paisley.  Yay for consistency.  Boo for not even coming close to falling in the "regular range".  And if you're wondering why I haven't blogged in over a week, it's because it nearly killed me.  (And my marriage.)  

The cramping was terrible, my bloating made me consider pulling out my maternity clothes, I was sleeping more hours in a day than I was awake, and my mood was horrendous.  Like clomid horrendous.  Honestly, if they start going this badly from now on, I'm ready to sign up for some good ol' birth control. 

A very familiar feeling set in with this cycle and I remembered why I had been on birth control for SO many years.  Because my periods sucked.   And they made me really physically and mentally sick.  Whereas, birth control made things wonderful.  Like rainbows and unicorns appeared near a beautiful stream, erasing the dark clouds and monsters created by stupid periods.

And of course, I'm again wondering if this isn't all a sign that maybe my dysfunctional ovaries are up to no good again.  I had a gut feeling before we even started trying the first time that maybe something just wasn't right.  No reason to feel that way, I just did.  And the 2 months I got pregnant, I knew I had.  They just felt exactly right.  Again no reason for my optimism, it was just there.  Now, I feel pretty certain that it isn't happening.   If I am ovulating, I think it's the teeny-tiny follicles that I was creating during my early RE appointments.  You know, the ones we forced to happen with multiple medications and hCG trigger shots and watched hopefully on ultrasound every flipping day while the OPK's did nothing and my temps stayed the same.

I haven't heard on my RE appointment yet and I'm getting cold feet about it.  My heart is just begging me to not open myself up to this again.  Walking through those doors as a patient again would be really tough.  Like opening your life story up to a painful chapter, knowing you'd have to relive it.  And maybe the ending wouldn't be so great again.   Aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!    I was so hopeful that I wouldn't be back up in the stirrups until my yearly exam.  :(

Comments

  1. I'm sorry. To most people (excluding myself, you and probably a lot of your bloggers) "planning" to have a baby is exciting and fun... To those others of us it can be so devastating and sad. I hope and pray for whatever decision your heart leads you to. It's tough, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Hopefully things aren't as bad as you're feeling they might be. Since having my son I've been on an AF roller coaster. With my feet up in the cold stirrups I felt the same as you...I was really hoping to avoid this until my next yearly. Blah! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, hun! That sounds absolutely miserable! I honestly can't imagine stepping onto the TTC rollercoaster again. My heart is with you as you brave it once again. My only advice - try to let go of the worry about the "Ending" and just experience the journey. Take it one day at a time. That is the only way I survived some of my ttc years and it was what got me through our adoption wait. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, Im sorry :( AF sounds like a beast!!! :( Maybe being back on bc might be a good break until you are really ready to deal with the RE and all that comes with it? Such a hard decision I know. Does Midol or anything help?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and