Amber and Aaron

Amber and Aaron

The Fun We've Already Had...

  • Graham Tomas born July 31 at 5:04 P.M. weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
  • December 2, 2011: PREGNANT!!!
  • Paisley Kate arrived August 21 at 5:38 P.M. weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz
  • DUE DATE: August 25, 2010!!!
  • Dec. 14, 2009- PREGNANT!!!
  • Oct. 07,2009- Had elective D&C.
  • Sept 28, 2009- No embryo on ultrasound. :(
  • Sept 15th, 2009- We found out we're PREGNANT!!!
  • Sept '09- Aaron had varicocele repair.
  • July '09- IUI #1 with HCG shot= No such luck
  • April '09- Ovarian drilling surgery, followed by hospitalization for uterine infection
  • Jan-Mar '09- metformin + 3 rounds of clomid= no ovulation
  • Dec. 11, 2008- Hysterosalpingogram (Fancy word for shooting dye through the ovaries. OUCH)
  • Nov '08- Sent to RE. Tried metformin alone for two months (No ovulation)
  • Oct '08- Diagnosed with PCOS based on amenorrhea and crazy hormone levels.
  • June '08- Aaron convinced me to start trying.
  • June '04- Got Hitched!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm too sexy for this snuggie...

What a fantastic evening I am having! I came home this evening exhausted from work only to look in the fridge and find that my dear husband went to the store today and got some stuff I really love. First I noticed the strawberries which are my #2 favorite and then I found my #1 favorite thing in the world: MANGOS!!!

They've been out-of-season since what seems like 8 years ago, but he dug through them all today until he found 2 softer ones. And they were absolutely heavenly!!! So I thought I'd include a picture of me enjoying this wonderful surprise.

You might start by noticing that I am wearing my zebra snuggie, very stylish alongside my slippers. Aaron also wants me to point out that I am using an 8 inch butcher knife to cut my fruit instead of one of our more manageable ones. He kept looking over and cringing every time I would cut a piece off since it would slip all over the plate. His money was on me cutting a finger off or stabbing the dog.

And yeah, I know it seems like a lot of fruit, but what you don't know is that I already finished the 4 giant strawberries before the picture was taken. And I'd just eaten a hamburger, fries and chips for dinner. :)

11 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Cozy up and get your mango on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I was also excited to find the strawberries on sale this week and got two boxes! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Aaron the first thing I noticed was the giant knife!! LOL

    I love this picture...and this activity...I do it almost daily myself!! Isn't fruit the BEST thing in the world when you're pregnant?!?!?

    MMM...Mangos....now you've given me a new craving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously needing mango right now!!! And I LOVE that strawberries are coming back in season. Yay for good fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! That whole scene seems just lovely. Snuggie, yummy fruit and a sweet honey who buys your fav stuff!!!! Easy with the knife woman, especially around the belly area haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a mango cutting lesson. After seeing me practically slice off several fingers, my husband taught me the Vietnamese technique. This guy can show you - I like the "dice" method personally. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLdPjpELyU

    Also, 17 weeks IS amazing. I celebrate every single day, let alone week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 17 weeks!!

    Loving the zebra snuggie lol. I think you're the first person I know who has said mango is their #! favorite fruit! That was really sweet of your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lolol "stab the dog" You're too funny! I needed a smile!

    PS - way to rock the snuggie - zebra style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are working that snuggie! Very cute. I love mangos too! Enjoy! (Be careful with that knife!)

    ReplyDelete