Amber and Aaron

Amber and Aaron

The Fun We've Already Had...

  • Graham Tomas born July 31 at 5:04 P.M. weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
  • December 2, 2011: PREGNANT!!!
  • Paisley Kate arrived August 21 at 5:38 P.M. weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz
  • DUE DATE: August 25, 2010!!!
  • Dec. 14, 2009- PREGNANT!!!
  • Oct. 07,2009- Had elective D&C.
  • Sept 28, 2009- No embryo on ultrasound. :(
  • Sept 15th, 2009- We found out we're PREGNANT!!!
  • Sept '09- Aaron had varicocele repair.
  • July '09- IUI #1 with HCG shot= No such luck
  • April '09- Ovarian drilling surgery, followed by hospitalization for uterine infection
  • Jan-Mar '09- metformin + 3 rounds of clomid= no ovulation
  • Dec. 11, 2008- Hysterosalpingogram (Fancy word for shooting dye through the ovaries. OUCH)
  • Nov '08- Sent to RE. Tried metformin alone for two months (No ovulation)
  • Oct '08- Diagnosed with PCOS based on amenorrhea and crazy hormone levels.
  • June '08- Aaron convinced me to start trying.
  • June '04- Got Hitched!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

How about we tell a little story about how incredibly dim-witted I can be at times?

Aaron calls me at work and tells me that they had an earthquake in Taiwan today. At this point, my mind starts spinning as I try to figure out what is wrong with the word Taiwan. I suddenly can't remember where I've heard it before and actually think he's pronouncing it wrong. Seriously. I wish I were kidding.

So I finally come to a conclusion about it, but need some reassurance. I ask, "In Mexico?"
Aaron pauses for a very long time and then replies, "what?" I again ask, "Mexico?"

His response once figuring out that I was unfortunately serious and that I am responsible for carrying our child, "Umm, China."

At this point, I realize that this isn't a Jeopardy type question and that I'm an idiot. Of course it's China. All I can figure is that my jumbled pregnancy brain was stuck on Tijuana. Which is indeed in Mexico. Or is it???

4 comments:

  1. Just blame it on the baby... that's what I do... several times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I am laughing so hard right now!! I too have had the same kind of brain farts recently!!! I was out to lunch with a friend of mine (who I met in yoga a couple months ago) and all of a sudden I was looking at her across the table while she was talking and it hit me...I couldn't remember her name for the life of me!!!!! Wha??? I mean this was NOT the first time we've gotten together and I see her frequently, but my mind just went totally BLANK!! After a few minutes it came back to me, but obviously I had stopped listening to her since I was despretly searching my own memory for her name!! I'm such a mess (and a bad friend)!!

    I have never felt so out if it....blamin' it on the baby!!! LOL

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Baby brain has set in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i was reading the blog and thinking...where is Taiwan?? Totally!! Not kidding!! Until I read the words china I couldn't figure out what was so funny. do you think I still have postpartum brain?? Ha! ha! No lets be honest, I was never good with Geography.

    ReplyDelete