Skip to main content

First Visit to the State Fair!!!

We took Paisley to the state fair last night with our friends Mendy and Adam and their twin girls, Renna and Reagan. It was SOOO much fun!!! We had to take some pictures of the girls all getting to know each other since I'm sure they'll all be best friends. At least we hope they are since we enjoy hanging out with their parents... :)
All the girls were so good and I learned that I can walk and nurse at the same time. Of course I used the hooter hider, even though I'm not sure it's really necessary at the fair. :) No one would have noticed!

Pretty sure fair food does not sit well on Paisley's stomach considering she puked 4 times after we left. Someone mentioned gas drops which I'm going to try tonight and I will have to start watching my diet better. :( She doesn't get cranky when she pukes which is crazy, but I sure do need her to sleep at night! Something tells me none of it is going to help and that she just really has her days and nights mixed up. Anyways, she's super duper adorable which makes it all worth it!
Any advice on how to get a breast loving baby to take a bottle? She will suck on it, but then spits the milk back at us like she doesn't like it when it's not "straight from the source". Aaron has been the one trying to feed her and I stay out of the room. We've tried 3 different bottles and multiple nipples. I will have to leave her eventually (that's the sound of my heart breaking) and we need her to take a bottle before kindergarten! Otherwise I'll have to go visit her at lunch so she can eat... (totally kidding, people.)

Comments

  1. We use baby Gas-X and gripe water...it seems to help. I hate seeing her struggle with gas pain. You should have taken a picture of you walking and nursing! That's talent girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use Nuk bottles. That was the only one we tried, Emma would take the bottler from anyone but me. The gas drops work well for mild colic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the pictures!! Our girls are soo soo cute. I am sure this was just the first of many many fun adventures together, and of course they will be best friends. We had such a great time too can't wait to do it again soon. I am so amazed at how well you are adjusting to being a new mommy. Way to go! We will bring you some of the other nipples we have when we see you next and you can try those too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and