Skip to main content

Pumping Success

Last night went better, Paisley slept from 9 pm until 3 am. Unfortunately, I didn't go to bed until 11 since I was sure she'd wake up for another feeding. And trying to wake this little sleeping beauty up to eat is next to impossible. She can even sleep through a bath and never minds a diaper change. Already as stubborn as her dad!

Tonight I got a 3-hour nap which felt amazing. I think I could have stayed asleep another 10 hours without waking up. Which is great because princess has been konked out most of the evening which could spell disaster for our overnight hours!

Mainly, I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful encouragement you all gave me about my emotional breakdown. It really hasn't been all that bad, but when I get tired- I'm a little irrational. Sleep has always been one of my favorite things and Paisley just doesn't agree with me on when it should happen. I miss going to bed when Aaron does and I really miss long, uninterrupted sleep. Those were the days...

Also, I pumped 5 ounces after feeding her this morning!!! I was super excited about it, since 4 was the most I'd pumped before and I usually only get 2-3 ounces. I'm not trying to stockpile milk quite yet, but when I wake up I feel like my breasts are literally trying to explode. She can only nurse so much, then I have to get rid of the rest. Also, does anyone else get a sharp, electrical like feeling that shoots through your nipples when it's time for baby to eat? Sometimes it happens in the side I'm not feeding her on while I'm nursing. I'm not a big fan of it, but luckily it passes quickly.

Hoping for a good night's sleep!!!

Comments

  1. Hey- I've never commented before, but wanted to congratulate you on your sweet baby girl. Could the sharp feeling be the "letdown". I had that too when nursing my son and thankfully it does only last a few seconds. I also know that some moms don't ever feel that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely feeling letdown. Sometimes I get little shooting pains after nursing also because my boobs are 'recharging' as my doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same letdown feelings, not fun but it gets better. If you're planning on returning to work, it is NEVER too early to start stockpiling milk!! You'll be shocked how fast it disappears. I really stressed over keeping enough milk when I went back to work and wished I had stockpiled early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally impressed/jealous she went 6 hours in between feedings! The longest E has gone is 5 and 1/2 hours and that was just once. Maybe a total fluke. Oh it's hard to get used to limited sleep. I also get a sharp feeling which I assumed was letdown, but it's actually already getting better so that's good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Our Little Miracle, Paisley Kate

The post I have been waiting 2 years to write is finally here and I can't really believe it. On Saturday, I woke up at 8:30 a.m. with BAD contractions. By the 2nd one, I knew I was in "real" labor. They were SO different than the braxton-hicks. I got out of bed and decided that I'd take a bath, until water ran down both legs. The pain after that got pretty unbearable immediately and I was having contractions every 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. So, I called Aaron at work to tell him it was "the big day". He decided I was kidding until I nearly leapt through the phone to wring his neck. :) We got to the hospital an hour later and I was dilated to a 4 and having very active contractions. They quickly got me moved to an L&D room. I got my epidural ( AMAZING - we'll talk about this in its own post soon) at a 6 and then my doctor broke my water. (Apparently at home, it had just leaked a pocket of fluid). After he broke my water, labor started picking up

The Resurrection

 So here we are.  It's now a blog graveyard.  The followers have long since moved on and infertility is something that I've somewhat put in the past (only considering I don't want any more kids).  So why am I here and writing again?  What's the purpose?   This was my safe place.  It was where I came when everything seemed much too hard and I needed to feel comfort.  I wanted to express myself in a venue that others would reassure me and even understand me.  I still love and have always loved this blog.  It guided me during some of the hardest years of my life, dealing with infertility and miscarriage. And you know... I guess it will help me again now.  Because life is freaking TOUGH.  You know the phrase "I've went through Hell and back"?  Yeah, I feel that in my soul now.  I could have a blowout in the middle lane of the highway during rush hour traffic, manage to pull over my car on the side and call for roadside assistance without my pulse increasing ev

I'm Going to Let You in on a Little Secret

My dear blog readers, Those of you who know me well know that I do not keep secrets. It's actually physically impossible for me to keep a secret. So, it's going to really surprise many of you to find out that I've been staying silent about something pretty big. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the little miracle that came into our lives 13 weeks ago: We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a while to make sure things went okay this time. It's been a very terrifying 13 weeks and we are just now starting to feel that things could actually go well. We feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with this baby and we are so grateful for every minute. To my friends who are still battling infertility , I'm not even sure where to start. You've been there with me through it all. You've held my hand and given me a shoulder to cry on when times are tough. You always know the right things to say because you've been there before. And you pray and