Amber and Aaron

Amber and Aaron

The Fun We've Already Had...

  • Graham Tomas born July 31 at 5:04 P.M. weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz.
  • December 2, 2011: PREGNANT!!!
  • Paisley Kate arrived August 21 at 5:38 P.M. weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz
  • DUE DATE: August 25, 2010!!!
  • Dec. 14, 2009- PREGNANT!!!
  • Oct. 07,2009- Had elective D&C.
  • Sept 28, 2009- No embryo on ultrasound. :(
  • Sept 15th, 2009- We found out we're PREGNANT!!!
  • Sept '09- Aaron had varicocele repair.
  • July '09- IUI #1 with HCG shot= No such luck
  • April '09- Ovarian drilling surgery, followed by hospitalization for uterine infection
  • Jan-Mar '09- metformin + 3 rounds of clomid= no ovulation
  • Dec. 11, 2008- Hysterosalpingogram (Fancy word for shooting dye through the ovaries. OUCH)
  • Nov '08- Sent to RE. Tried metformin alone for two months (No ovulation)
  • Oct '08- Diagnosed with PCOS based on amenorrhea and crazy hormone levels.
  • June '08- Aaron convinced me to start trying.
  • June '04- Got Hitched!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

If you aren't sure, don't ask!

It's truly incredible how just when the day is going okay, someone throws a wrench in the ___. I'm not great with sayings, so whatever goes there- feel free to put it in for me. Point is: someone screwed up my good day.

So, I enter one of my exam rooms today to see an 82-year-old patient who I really like. He's always very kind and thankful, so I look forward to his visits. And it's very fortunate for him that I feel that way, because if it had been someone else, I'd have kicked him to the curb with a script for some better judgement.

First, he says that I look great which I very much appreciate and never tire of hearing. Before I can feel too great about it though, he whispers sweetly, "are you expecting?"

Expecting what? More infertility bills, a raise for dealing with questions like that, to never wear a loose dress again... sure. Oh, a baby. No, I'm not expecting one of those.

Look, dude, I ate a big lunch. Maybe it was my posture. Definitely not a good choice of clothing. I certainly didn't feel fat or bloated enough today to ask me if I'm pregnant!!!

So, I'm off to burn a certain article of clothing and begin my starvation diet. :) From now on, I only wear spandex to remove all doubt.

3 comments:

  1. I agree but it is kinda funny coming from an old guy. If it was anyone else, I would have a few choice words! Don't starve yourself...I know you were kidding but do burn the outfit if it makes you "look pregnant"! :)

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that guy felt like a huge ass. He probably just thought you had a glow about you or something. You know you look amazing. Don't let it get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I'm just worried about the spandex comment. Can we make a deal that that doesn't start until after we spend 8 days together? May make the break-up easier...

    ReplyDelete